(12) In some NENA dialects the fresh new preterite out of Classification II verbs have a beneficial vocalism (m)CoCiC- or (m)CuCiC- which has no predecessor in the previous languages. Noldeke (1868, 213) advised that the modern mode is actually connected with brand new Hebrew pual. Examples: Aradhin mbusille ‘he cooked’ (Krotkoff 1982, 136), Tkhuma mso:re:li ‘I began’, Jilu +poltele ‘he grabbed they out’ (Fox 1992, 54). Models having o or u is actually absent exterior NENA and then have in many of your own NENA dialects: Hertevin, Sanandaj Christian, and Halabja: Halabja bqirraxun ‘you (pl.) asked’, Hertevin bqerre ‘he asked’ (Jastrow 1988, 206).
(13) The overall expose try designated of the an excellent prefix throughout NENA but Hertevin as well as in Mandaic and also in Turoyo. Brand new prefix requires certainly one of about three variations: (a) k- to your every verbs (advanced to help you c- inside the Urmi, longer to ko- prior to consonants inside Turoyo, and also in Zakho as g- before a voiced phoneme); (b) k- however, simply for the a limited family of verbs (with some voicing absorption and often almost every other changes also); otherwise (c) i- on the all verbs.
Examples: (a) Zakho k-xaze ‘he sees’, g-emir ‘he says’ (Meehan and you can Alon 1979, 182), Urmi csader ‘he sends’ (Hetzron 1969, 115), Turoyo kohoze ‘he sees’, Tisqopa ksaqIl ‘he takes’ (Rubba, personal communications); (b) Halabja k-ImrIx-wa ‘we do say’, but doqIx-wa-le ‘we create to see it’, Azerbaijan k-xil ‘he consumes, usually eat’, but sate ‘he drinks, commonly, may drink’ (Garbell 1965, 66, 67); (c) Aradhin i-zare:los angeles ‘he tills it’ (Krotkoff 1982, 70), Jilu we-napli baro ‘they chase her’ (Fox 1992, 55).
The latest k- prefix seems to be a survival of your prefix qa- regarding BT, such as the newest ubiquitous qatane ‘he teaches’. elizabeth ‘stands’. In certain east languages brand new shipping of k- might limited to a tiny category of verbs (Garbell 1965, 65). In others, it’s gone away mejores sitios de citas para solteros vietnamitas and you can been replaced by a new prefix we-, which probably started while the a lower variety of i[Theta] ‘there is’.
Examples: Halabja geznawa ta knista ‘I goes to the fresh new synagogue’, Aradhin tla t-sapri ‘to wait’, Jilu zIlli l-yawa zuze tla weil kIcca ‘I visited provide money in order to a beneficial girl’, Tisqopa [Theta]e:li ta di-mbaslan ‘I (fem
(14) New verb ‘give’ was yehav in the BT, and you may yav for the Syriac. This has been remade throughout NENA dialects from incorporation of your pursuing the l- ‘to’. New essential, which had been hav when you look at the Syriac and BT, is hal (Noldeke 1868, 256) in most NENA by which You will find guidance, but not from inside the Turoyo or Mandaic.
(15) In most NENA, the new just one crucial from qyama ‘get up’ has shed the final m: Aradhin qu (Krotkoff 1982, 145), Sanandaj Religious qu (Panoussi, 110). The new plural, yet not, holds the new meters.
(16) In every NENA, the brand new crucial away from (i)zala ‘go’ are irregular: Aradhin au moment ou (Krotkoff 1982, 147), Sanandaj Religious state (Panoussi 119), Jilu se, Jewish Azerbaijani lorsque (Garbell 1965, 285).
(17) Round the NENA, various words are utilized since legs to own reflexive pronouns particularly ‘myself’. He is: ruh- into the Hertevin and in Turoyo, nos- regarding around three easternmost Jewish dialects, and you may gyan- throughout the left languages: Hertevin ruhan ‘ourselves’ (Jastrow 1988, 197), Zakho qtala gyane ‘beating himself’ (Meehan and Alon 1982, 181), Halabja nosan ‘ourselves’.
So it qa- try alone a beneficial contraction out-of qa?
(18) An alternate preposition meaning ‘to’ or ‘for’ which will take the shape ta, tla, otherwise tla was prevalent, although perhaps not common, inside NENA, however included in Mandaic otherwise Turoyo. ) involved cook’ (Rubba, individual telecommunications), Zakho cuxa la psIxle darga facts ‘no you to definitely open the entranceway in order to him’ (Meehan and Alon 1979, 182).